Saturday, June 17, 2006

All about my Senseo

For my birthday this year, I got a Senseo coffee-maker from the in-laws. It’s an odd-shaped little machine. Kinda looks like the Leaning Tower of Coffee, or maybe just a damp noodle. Or you could say that it’s sleek and modern – I guess it just depends on how you look at things.

Now, caffeine and I have a long violent history together, and my wife doesn’t like coffee. So this seems perfect... it can make one cup at a time, so no waste. And as long as I don’t use it more than 2-3 times a week, caffeine and I can maintain our tentative truce. Win-win!

So, I got this thing on a Saturday. Took it home, flushed it out, put it on the kitchen cabinet. Next morning, I get up and decide I’m going to give it a try. It’s time for some hot, frothy, tasty, butt-kickin’ dark-colored go-juice! I can’t wait.

I wander quietly into the kitchen, so as not to wake up my wife. She’s still sleepy this early in the morning, and I am a husband who is kind, compassionate, and considerate (What do these things have in common? The letter "c". Except for "kind").

I open up the back panel. It says, snap. Whisper-quiet! I love it! I fill it with water, then put it back on the machine, where it again says, snap. I press the On button, and it says, click. A red light starts to flash, meaning that it is boiling water.

I put my *sigh* mug on the plate. The red light stops blinking – it’s go time! I press the "One Cup" button, and it says BGBGBGBGBRBGRBGBGBBGRROOOOOOOWWWWWWLLLL.....

From the bedroom, my formerly sleeping wife starts to shout to find out what I’ve done.

So... not quite the result I was hoping for on every front. I have to warn my wife in advance that I’ll be brewing so as not to scare the life out of her. But still... that thing does make a fine cuppa.

2 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell her it's the Spoo. They're noisy in the mornings.

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger queen_spoo said...

Shame on those spoo! Tell them to quit sighing so loudly! Otherwise, I'll have to come get them straightened out myself!

(P.S. Thanks for the mug plug!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home