Monday, January 08, 2007

Rough Weekend

There was rough stuff on both sides of the family this weekend.

On my wife's side, her sister-in-law's father got bit by his dog. His face was severely lacerated, and he lost part of his nose. Due to other health concerns, the father is not able to have any cosmetic surgery to clean up his face.

Do these wrinkles make me look fat?The dog was a Chinese Shar-pei that was so overweight, he didn't have any wrinkles. The dog's many health concerns, plus the fact that he was getting more and more aggressive as time went by, meant that the dog had to be put down.

So, my wife's sister-in-law's father lost his dog, and his nose. The crazy thing is, this is not the first time he's been bitten in the face by this dog. He is what we (perhaps a bit unfairly) refer to as a "slow learner".

On my side of the family, there was a death. One of my sister's sisters-in-law passed away tragically. This was not a "close" family member - I've never met her, in fact. But her passing does bring along with it all the unfortunate things that you'd expect.

The Pursuit of HappynessOther than the tragedies from somewhat-distant relatives, the weekend was OK I guess. We saw "The Pursuit of Happyness", which is pretty darn good. We also celebrated my wife's mom's birthday. The anniversary of her 39th, that sort of thing. :)

So, those are the stories. 'Sis, if you are reading... please let Sweet Sixteen know that we're thinking about her. And you.

1 Comments:

At 7:57 AM, Blogger queen_spoo said...

I'm sorry to hear about the family difficulties. My condolences to all...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home