Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New Year's Stuff - movie, food, game

Night At The MuseumFor the New Year's weekend (Saturday, to be specific), Fyrebaugh came for a visit. The three of us went to see "Night At The Museum."

Now, I am not a Ben Stiller fan. I was expecting this movie to be good, because of all the nifty special effects. The movie was not just good, it was excellent. I laughed throughout. Robin Williams was great, Owen Wilson was fun, and Ben didn't get in the way.

The line, "Lawrence, why are you slapping that monkey?" brought tears to my eyes.

Go see this movie. It's High-larious.

McAlister's DeliThen, we went to McAlister's for dinner. I mention this only because of the poor waitress who tried to help us mid-way through the meal. She ran off with my water glass, and then got pulled to the side to help out at the register.

I turned in my seat and finally caught her attention. She immediately realized she had forgotten me, grabbed my glass, and ran for our table. "Sorry!" she gasped as she turned and ran back to whatever other desperate situation needed her attention.

Whatever it was that pulled her away from refilling my drink, it happened when she was only halfway done refilling the glass. So I got a half glass of water... with a piece of lettuce stuck to the side.

Fiesta Bowl - OU lost :)Finally, an honorable mention for last night's Fiesta Bowl game. OU lost, which doesn't bother me in the slightest. It was a dull as heck game for three quarters, but the 4th quarter and overtime were magnificent. It's a good thing I took today off... my wife and I were up way past our bedtime watching that game.

Happy New Year, all!

1 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Blogger queen_spoo said...

Yes, of all the colleges in my family, mine was the only one who won their bowl game!! GO POKES!!!

My sister's school (OU), as you mentioned, had a nailbiting loss, and my husband's school (Georgia Tech) lost by 3 points to West Virginia.

AHHHHH, it's so nice to gloat!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home