Monday, July 11, 2011

Lady Slipper

So, last week I mentioned the "Iron Man" gel I'm using to help my tricky hip get better.



One of the ingredients is "natural botanical extract..." of something called "Lady Slipper".

I didn't bother to look it up, I just made a quick joke and moved on.

The day that blog post went up, I got an email from OoRah. It had no subject line and no text, just the picture you see over on the right.

I puzzled briefly over why OoRah would send me flowers. Then I thought, "Gee, those even look like..." and it hit me. Lady Slipper! Well played, OoRah.

I wandered over to his desk. "Did you get my email?", he asked. He had a manic grin and was cackling as he said it.

"Yeah, that was good." I stayed vague... OoRah's desk is near many other desks, and sometimes good comedy can come from keeping the eavesdroppers guessing.

"Just making sure you know that I didn't send you flowers for no reason."

I could almost feel the eyebrows raising around us. Excellent. It was time to raise my voice slightly.

"Yeah, I know why you sent me flowers, and yes, I will go out with you."

From the other side of the cubical wall, M16 said "GAH!"

There were multiple crashing noises. M16 was convulsing in his chair, and OoRah was laughing so hard he nearly fell out of his.

Well done, OoRah. Oh, and is Tuesday night at 9 good for you? :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home