Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Subway Cheese Choice

I walked into my local Subway last week. The lady who runs that particular store is friendly and occasionally opinionated. She was talking to the guy in line in front of me.

"... and what kind of cheese do you want on do you know what the corporate office just said?!?"

Turns out she recently got a memo from "corporate" (which sounds a lot like a curse word when she says it) saying that they are no longer allowed to ask customers what kind of cheese they want on their sandwiches. It is supposedly poor customer service because they are "forcing the customer to choose."

"Now we're supposed to wait for you to ask us," she grumbled. "I'd like to tell *corporate* a thing or two about how this line works!"

I kept expecting to hear a "PTOOEY!" noise every time she said "corporate", but I'd bet there's already been a memo about spitting on the job.

She eventually wound down and it came to be my turn in line. "What kind of sandwich?," and I told her, and then she grinned and chuckled slightly. "And what kind of cheese would you like on it?"

I faked a frown. "How dare you ask me that."

The store stopped. You could hear a pin drop.

"You're forcing me to choose!"

For a second there I thought I was going to be kicked out. Then the laughter started. Close call!

I'm the comedian of Subway!

2 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger Heather said...

I love your blog. When I need a study break, I go through your old posts and laugh and laugh to the point that the librarians begin questioning my sanity.

 
At 6:53 AM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

Thank you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home