Friday, January 13, 2012

Toilet Training

Our toilet at home needed its innards replaced. My wife bought a "Dual Flush" Flapper-less toilet kit and wished me luck.

I'd never changed out toilet innards before. This should be fun.

Of course, since I was about to start a project, Scruffy called.

The last time Scruffy came over to help, he wound up busting both knees and face-planting on the hood of my car. I was a little concerned about his safety. When he showed up I told him, "If you promise to step carefully, I'll let you help. Please try not to land on your head this time."

For the most part, things went smoothly. I did manage to dribble dingy water all over the floor, but half a bottle of Windex got the mess cleaned up before my wife was able to see the black tile and scream.

Scruffy held the instruction manual for me. He had a bad habit of waving the pages around every time I'd ask to see a diagram, but he made up for it by being quick with the paper towels.

The moment of truth came. "Turn on the water."

Turns out, there *is* such a thing as too much water pressure. Inky black water shot halfway up the wall. Scruffy managed to stay dry by cleverly hiding behind me.

"I think we have a problem," I gurgled.

We eventually got the water pressure adjusted, tank re-assembled and walls mopped.

My toilet flushes, and I didn't even have to injure Scruffy to do it.

Yeah, I'm a stud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home