Monday, January 23, 2012

Wrong Number

This is the start of something good
There's just something hysterical about persistent wrong numbers. My phone rang:

"Hello?"
"Is Charles there?"
"No, you have a wrong number."

That should have been the end of it, no big deal. Instead, a few minutes later my phone rang again.

"Hello?"
"Oh, I'm sorry, I have a wrong number."
"Yes. And if you dial the same number again, you'll have a wrong number... again."

At this point, I was actually hoping to get another call. My misguided stalker did not disappoint.

Pants! Who needs them?
"Hello?"
"Are you sure this isn't Charles?"
"Well, I left my birth certificate at home, so I guess there *could* be some mistake."

The calls stopped. It's too bad, I had one more good reply ready.

"I've never been Charles before, but I'm willing to give it a try."

Oh well. Next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home