Monday, January 14, 2008

Coffee

Power. Pure. Potent. Pilao.P-Ziddy has acquainted me with one of his favorite vices: Cafe Pilao, coffee from Brazil.

Oh my goodness this is strong stuff. P-Ziddy warned me, but somehow I still goofed. I used 2 spoonfuls of grounds to make my coffee the first morning. I make 2 cups (1 mug) at a time. Later, I found out that P-Ziddy only uses 3 spoonfuls to make a whole pot.

Given this, I'm a bit surprised that I lived.

I carefully sipped that first mug. The taste was nice and fresh. The potency was obvious. I got about a third of the way through when "it" happened.

It was as if everything from my midsection down was fleeing upon the arrival of the blessed nectar. My tummy was full of Pilao goodness, and there just wasn't room for anything else. I suddenly found myself in immediate need of the nearest facilities.

When I told him this story, P-Ziddy was quick to name the experience. He called it an "Emergency Evacuation." It nicely sums up the events, I think.

Now that I've mastered the art of not overdosing on it, I quite enjoy the Pilao.

Gary Larson's 'The Far Side'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home