Thursday, January 03, 2008

You've Horrified Me

#$%&#$!!I was havin' a roaring bad day. Oh my goodness. New Year, WHATEVER! You can keep your stinking new year if it's gonna be like this... that sort of a day. High stress. Low success. Disillusioned. Disappointed. Grumpy.

And then, Big Dawg asked for my help on a project he's working on. I walked over to his desk and looked over his shoulder. "See, with this bit I need to do thus-n-such, ..." he began.

"Wait a sec," I said, seeing something that concerned me. "Why are you using (techie programming details omitted)?"

Horrified.Big Dawg stared open-mouthed at his screen. He was having a sudden revelation about a major error in his code. Sentence fragments began to gush out of him in bursts... "Where's my ...?" "I can't believe I! ..." "This makes my other problem look so *minor*!"

Suddenly, I began to feel a bit giddy. Nothing *I* was working on was quite so traumatic. "I'm not feelin' so bad anymore," I quipped. One desk over, the Leggy Blonde Wanna-Be started to chuckle.

Big Dawg gasped. "You've horrified me!"

I have to be a star like another man has to breathe."Rawkin'!", I replied. I began swinging one hand back and forth like Sammy Davis Jr. I was *cool*, I was *hip*, I was *happenin'*!

"Now," I crooned, "I'm gonna go play the lottery."

We lost the Leggy Blonde Wanna-Be to explosive laughter at that point. Apparently I didn't look as cool as I was acting.

Ah, well. I can't exactly say I did it my way, because that line belongs to someone else. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home