Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Pre- And Post- Christmas

A few days before Christmas, we went and spent the day with my wife's side of the family. It was a calm experience, and very fun (in a non-chaotic sort of way).

When we arrived, we added the presents we had brought to the pile under the tree. A little while later, my wife's brother and his wife ("Hot-Rod", and "Bubbly") arrived and did the same. As Bubbly was placing their gifts, she noticed that one of them matched one of ours in size and shape. They even both had rounded corners. Both were addressed to my wife's father. Bubbly said a bad word.

Everybody should have at least two of these!Turns out, they got him a wine opener set, which is exactly what we got him, too. It was a little awkward, but quite amusing.

By the way, since I've mentioned my wife's dad's knee replacement surgury, I may as well give a quick update there... he's mobile now, although he's refusing to use his walker, prefering to walk normally and watch his knee swell. I don't blame him for not wanting to use a walker, but I do hope he doesn't damage anything by trying to rehab too fast.

A few days after Christmas, we hooked up with some old out-of-state friends we hadn't seen in several years ("Wow, it's been a long time", and "What was your wife's name again?"). We had a really nice and uneventful dinner with them and Scruffy.

Unfortunately, telling a humorous story about an uneventful dinner is kinda pointless. I was really just grasping for an excuse to use those nicknames. Sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home