Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Odd Phone Calls

Last weekend was full of odd phone experiences.

Darn the luckIt started Saturday night. My phone was low on charge, and somehow I missed a call. Caller ID failed me, though. My phone said I had missed a call from "Private". No message. Tough luck, private.

I shut the phone off to charge it. When I fired it back up again, there was another missed call, again from "Private", again no message. Well, maybe he'll give up and have his Sargent try.

I Am LegendThen, Sunday, my wife and I went to see "I Am Legend". Very good flick, by the way. During the movie, I felt my phone vibrate. Caller ID showed me the number of who was calling, but I didn't recognize it, so I ignored it. 10 minutes later, same thing. Naturally, no messages were left.

This is the point where you're going to think I'm crazy, but I promise this really happened. My wife can confirm the story.

The movie ended, and I called the number back. The squeaky, high-pitched prerecorded voice on the other end had this to say:

Toon-Town's out to get you! Tee-hee!"Hi! This is your operator Minnie at the toon-town operators desk! There's no one here to take your call, but we'll get someone to take care of you shortly!"

I had to listen to the thing 3 times (once on Speaker-Phone, because my wife didn't believe me) before I caught all of that. There was more, but it was hard to understand. However, at one point, the operator did identify herself as Minnie Mouse. After the squeaky voice was done, a very ordinary-sounding woman's voice said, "Hi, you've reached (*unintelligible*), please leave a message."

The last time I called, the woman from the end of the message actually picked up and said, "Hello?". We determined that she had been dialing the wrong number, and she went away.

I still have no idea what actually happened for any of that.



UPDATE - There's a chance that the deviant call came from LifeKIDS. The area code fits, at least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home