Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Nocturnal Pooch

You know, there was one other *fun* thing that happened last week. We got a dog. Kinda. Briefly.

We have an elderly couple living near us, who are old friends of my family. Late last Tuesday night, he had to go to the emergency room (he ended up being OK, thankfully). We got a panicked phone call from her, asking us to take care of her dog while she jetted off to the hospital.

I'm cute and I know it"Missy" is an adorable little thing. She's sweet and good-natured, but she's also an older dog who has always been treated like a puppy. She didn't understand what was going on.

So, late Tuesday night we found ourselves in possession of a cute elderly excitable arthritic Pomeranian. It was a long night. She wanted to play. Then she needed to go outside. Then she wanted more play. We went to bed, but she didn't slow down much. She had to go outside again at 3AM. Every time we went out, I had to carry her up and down the stairs because of her bad joints.

Foul Nectar Of LifeAll that night, I slept maybe an hour and a half at a time, tops. This was during the SQL (Database) training week, so Wednesday was a long day.

The training was held at a Radison hotel. I learned that their coffee tastes like poo... but it is obscenely strong stuff. Thank goodness... I needed it. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home