Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving Fallout, Part 1

This week, I'm in a week-long training class, so there's not much *new* to write about. Microsoft SQL (Database) Server is generally not too amusing. But that's OK - Thanksgiving left me with lots of stories.

Part of the weekend was spent with my wife's extended family. My favorite moment had to do with my FIL's (Father In Law) organizational skills.

The reason that diets were inventedWhen he sets up for Thanksgiving lunch, he puts little scraps of paper on the table to remind him where to place the food. He has matching scraps of paper in each serving piece.

He scooped a huge mass of dressing into its serving dish. Then, he realized that the scrap of paper that said "dressing" was still in the dish.

I knew none of this. I was off several feet away, half-listening as he told my wife...

Dang, I say... dang."Isn't it just great to hear everybody laughing and having so much fun and ####!"

I guess the fun ran out, briefly.

Also amusing my my wife's Aunt's (from Detroit) tale of woe. Apparently she booked two rooms in a local hotel - one for her and hubby, one for her daughter (our cousin) and hubby. The cousin, thinking she was being helpful, also booked two rooms. All four rooms were booked for four nights. Whoops.

It wound up being a fantastic Thanksgiving Day visit with the In-Laws. I'll have a couple of shorties about my side of the family for you tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home