Friday, November 16, 2007

The Sad Thumb

What follows is my tale of woe.

I mock you with my stringYesterday afternoon, I was fightin' a cold. I had a bad headache, was sore and tired, and needed some kind of relief. I decided to get a tall cuppa tea.

Owie. Stingy.The stringy thingy came off the teabag I chose. So I used water from the blistering hot water tap on the coffee maker while holding the teabag between thumb and finger. Twice I dropped the cup on the counter top while holding my hand in agony and making use of my lower vocabulary skills.

Why not just get a different teabag? Because my brain had shut down - I honestly didn't even consider the possibility. Why didn't I just drop the teabag into the cup and dig it out later with a spoon? Because the teabag was slightly open at the top.

I'm a British Whale... my teeth are nasty!This comment did lead to a most excellent suggestion, though. After hearing about the ruptured tea bag, icanspell helpfully offered, "Perhaps you could have filtered it through your teeth like a whale?"

Honestly, that phrase is the entire reason I'm even telling this story.

For future reference, here are the common symptoms of a cold, Jeff-style. A sniffly nose, a blistered left thumb, and tea leaves stuck between my teeth.

Oh, and I'm feeling much better today. Thanks for asking!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home