Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Take A Break

Food. NOW.Yesterday I was sitting at my desk, wishing desperately for lunch. I had some leftovers in the breakroom upstairs that had been calling my name since about 9:30 in the morning. It was 11:30 and I was about to give in and go eat.

Large and In Charge walked by my office right then. Large leaned in the door, chuckled, and said, "You've worked hard enough, why don't you take a 5 minute break?"

Now we do the dance of joy!I was about to get up anyway, so I lept dramatically out of my chair. I lifted my arms up and shouted, "Whoo-hoo! Large said I could take a break! Whoo-hoo!" Waving my arms over my head like a deranged simian, I ran past Large and In Charge, and raced up the stairs.

Don't bother me. I'm on break.About 3 minutes later, I was warming up my lunch in the breakroom when the Brute Squad came by again. They were amused... "Hey Jeff really *did* take a break!"

Now Large and In Charge have mild delusions of authority. It's fun, but to be fair, it's not too different from how they normally behave. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home