Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Can I Take Your Tray?

Yesterday, I went to lunch with The Golfer. We were finishing up - my plates were empty, and his were close.

Don't turn your back on me... I'm fast!A waitress-type wandered by. Golfer was grabbing his fork to attack the last of his lunch as she came up to our table. She looked directly at me and said, "May I take your plates?" I said yes.

Immediately she turned away from me and started grabbing stuff on Golfer's side of the table. She yanked his dessert plate out from under his fork. Within a half-second his food was stacked neatly on top of my empties, and she was about to take off with it. I've never seen a waitress move so fast.

From deep within the depths of Golfer's soul came the desperate cry of a man about to lose his chocolate pie. "NOOOOOOO!!!!......"

Gah!We quickly sorted out the error, and our overly enthusiastic friend took my dishes (*only* my dishes) back to the kitchen. She probably also had a quick cry and changed her trousers.

Just think how much fun I could have had with her. "My I take your plates?" "You know, I think those folks over there are done. Why don't you clear off *that* table?"

Or, I could go further. "You know, I think pretty much all of us are done here. Why don't you just go lock up?"

Better. Stronger. Faster. Than YOU.It's probably just as well I didn't. The lady at the table next to me looked amazingly like Michelle Ryan. That's right, not only did I nearly manage to ruin the Golfer's desert, but I also nearly got my hinder kicked by the Bionic Woman. That makes this a silly story, *and* a pseudo-celeb sighting.

Yay me!

=====================

History of sightings:
John Ratzenberger.
John Belushi.
Charlie Chaplin.
Sammy Davis Jr.
Sherlock Holmes.
Carol O'Conner.
Charles Barkley.
Hurley.
  Al Sharpton, Hurley (again), Santa.
Drew Barrymore, John Cleese, Richard Simmons, Amanda Plummer, Jack Black.
Rainn Wilson.
Cousin Itt, Corpse Bride.
Samuel L. Jackson, Dick Cheney.
Emma Thompson.
Selma Blair, Wolf Blitzer.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home