Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Jeff: As Good As Hawaii

I'm just as goodAw yeah. You read that right. Lemmie 'splain...

Yesterday, a crisis came up. A project came out of nowhere, and needed to be done right away. I found out about it around 1PM, and it had to be done by 5PM.

I dropped everything, and got it done.

When I was finished, I went up to Cowboy's office to make sure all was good. He and Kinzie were there. The conversation went something like this:

Miracle WorkerMe: "Who's your favorite miracle worker?"
Cowboy: "You are, definitely, you are."
Me: "Say it louder."
Cowboy: "Jeff is my favorite miracle worker."
Me: "Louder."

At this point, Cowboy turned to face the maze of nearby cubicles, stuck his arms out dramatically, and in a positively *soft* conversational voice said, "Jeff is my favorite miracle worker." Absolutely no one heard him.

Me: "That wasn't very loud. You don't feel very strongly about this, do you?"

Cowboy laughed. I suddenly changed the subject.

The beauty that is ME!... er... I mean, HawaiiMe: "How was Hawaii?" (Cowboy just got back from a Hawaiian vacation)
Cowboy: "It was good. It was real good."
Me: "Wow... you have about as much enthusiasm for Hawaii as you did for me saving your skin."

At that point, Kinzie jumped in. "Hey, that's not bad! You're as cool as Hawaii, man!"

So there you have it. On the authority of two people many of you have never met, I am every bit as grand as Hawaii itself.

Boo-Yah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home