Friday, October 19, 2007

Car Pool

The windshield. Not necessarily the rain shield.It rained last Sunday night. This, ordinarily, isn't something I concern myself with much. However, this time was notable because my car decided not to be waterproof.

Monday morning, I got out to my car and found the floor on the passenger side flooded. There was literally 1 to 2 inches of water puddled up.

I sopped up what I could with a blanket and went to work. The weather was just *perfect* for drying out a damp car. *sigh*

I should have just gone for the opposite extreme. Fill the sucker up all the way to the windows! Wear my swim trunks to work! Get some goldfish! Colored rocks for the bottom! A mermaid for the back seat! A land mass for tropical vacationing!

These things are always so obvious in hindsight.

Tuesday, I began to experience "The Stink". Ah, mildew, my old nemesis... we meet again.

Wednesday, finally, most of the damp was gone. But... it rained Wednesday afternoon. And my car let in the water again. Obviously, the problem wasn't as simple as a window being down.

Here, you can see the molding coming up a bit - and a nifty reflection of our apartment!This is the part where the brain cells started to do useful things. My wife and I noticed an area of molding at the bottom of the windshield on the passenger side. It was coming up. We knew there was more rain coming that night, so we sopped up what we could and put saran-wrap on the windshield down there to try and stem the tide.

It rained Wednesday night. You may have noticed. My Brother-and-Sister-in-law certainly did (she's still in the hospital as of this morning, but should be allowed to go home sometime today).

The saran-wrap stopped much of Wednesday night's water from getting in. So, we've found a culprit. Thursday, my wife got the car worked on by a body shop with a "Well, we'll wiggle it a bit and see if that helps" mentality.

I can't complain too much though, since it was part of their free estimate. It probably didn't do any good, but it was free and it gave me some false hope. Whoo-hoo!

I'd like my car interior to not be damp and stinky now, please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home