Friday, October 05, 2007

Stories From My Past - How Embarrassing

In a random conversation yesterday, the subject of "my most embarrassing church moment" came up. This is that story.

Hidden dangers lurk within these wallsIt was 4 years ago, more or less. I was up on stage, helping the drummer set up his drum set. We were also working on the plexiglass shields that went around the drums. The auditorium was empty except for the two of us.

One of the plexiglass shields started to fall. I grabbed it, but I couldn't stop it from falling. Instead, I went down with it.

The ground rises up to meet me...As I fell face-first onto the plexiglass, I shouted a monosylabic word that sounded really out of place in a church. Half a second later, *boom*, I hit the ground.

Then I looked up. The pastor had just walked in. He was standing two feet in front of me with a smirk on his face.

DRUMS! DRUMS!Thankfully, the pastor had a good sense of humor. He accepted my desperate unspoken apology with a grin and then never mentioned it again.

The drummer, however, never let me forget it. *sigh* Drummers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home