Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Geezer Power

Dang kids!Ooh-La-LaCheck out this headline (and the story, if you are so inclined):

"Geezer Power: Older Men + Younger Women = Longer Lifespan"

As soon as I saw this headline, I knew I had a winner. I printed out the article and put it on my desk, in anticipation of Lightyear's next visit.

To infinity... AND BEYOND!Regular readers will remember Lightyear. He's 60, he's loud, he's opinionated, and he's got a special kind of combative relationship with his wife that he always loves to talk about.

Late last week, Lightyear came by to chat. We handed him the printout and said, "You can tell your wife that if she was young and beautiful, you'd live longer."

There was no doubt that he would take us up on this.

Fast forward to yesterday (Monday). Lightyear stopped by to chat again. "Jeff," he exclaimed at great volume, "I just want you to know I showed that 'Geezer Power' article to my wife. I told her, 'You're killin' me! If I had a young beautiful wife, I'd live longer!' And do you know what she said to me?"

I was barely able to speak from laughing so hard. "What did she say to you?"

How would you like it if someone poisoned *your* apples?Lightyear mimicked his wife's scowl and hissed: "You've lived long enough."

I'm sure glad my wife doesn't have that opinion of *my* lifespan.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home