Monday, September 17, 2007

Saturday At The Zoo

Saturday was a wonderful day to go to the zoo. The temperature was in the mid-70's with a light north breeze. The sun was shining, but not overwhelming. The animals were mostly out of their dens and wandering around.

We took Scruffy with us. Scruffy, as you may remember, doesn't like cold temperatures. He brought a jacket.

Hairy ThingsOur noses told us that we were near the Bison before our eyes did, of course. Not even the Elephant's by-product is quite that pungent. A young family was headed off to the next exhibit. As they left, a little girl (age 4-ish) turned, waved, and shouted, "Bye, Hairy Things!".

I am almost certain she was talking to the Bison. Granted, I didn't shave that morning...

Honka Honka Burnin' LuvAfter we'd been there a few hours, I saw a truly bizarre sight. Near the African Penguin exhibit, there was a kid (aged 10-12) dressed up like Elvis.

Lemmie give that thought a moment to marinate in your head. A kid, relatively short. At the zoo. Dressed, head to toe, like The King.

I was all shook up. There was no costume contest that I was aware of. Nobody else was dressed up. The kid disappeared around a corner before I could snap a picture. The only reason I'm sure I wasn't hallucinating is that my wife saw him too.

Lazy catThe day wound down and the temperature dropped closer to 70, so we had to take Scruffy home before his teeth started to chatter. It was a fun day, even if we did take a few of the more interesting odors home with us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home