Thursday, November 02, 2006

Is It Cold Yet?

Most Wednesdays I eat lunch with a friend who I'll call "Scruffy". We work for different companies, but we are both only a couple of blocks away from a certain deli we both like.

Cold GuyI am a self-confessed Cold Wimp. Cold wind, especially, makes me unhappy. But I am apparently impervious compared to some.

Scruffy showed up outside the deli in a fairly bulky jacket. The jacket was zipped up, his hands were thrust down in the pockets, and he was doing the "pocket pull" to wrap the jacket even tighter around him. And he had a stocking cap on.

I said, "It's not *that* cold out here, is it?" "Yes."

When we got inside, he informed me: "Once it gets a little colder, I'm not going to want to make this hike every week."

I checked the temperature when I got back in. 55 degrees. Not exactly bikini weather, but still...


You must click... the full pic is priceless!And now for a follow-up to yesterday's story. Boy Wonder - Master Of Disguise is actually Vietnamese. Well, actually, he's American, but of Vietnamese descent. Ignore that idiot who called him a Korean. Oh, and be sure to click on the pic of him in his Kim Jong costume... the thumbnail is good, but the uncropped version is priceless!

1 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Blogger queen_spoo said...

I think I'm as bad as your friend Scruffy when it comes to the cold....I'm the only one in my office with a space heater for the winter...and the summer.

BTW, LOVE the pic/artwork of your coworker Boy Wonder! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home