Thursday, October 04, 2007

Lights Out

This is a snippet of conversation that I had with P-Ziddy yesterday.

==================
jeff: Today is completely average in every way for me.

jeff: Actually, it is a bit darker than usual. One whole panel of lights has gone out over my desk.

Bright Crackly Doom approachesjeff: They flicker occasionally, which makes me think I'm outside watching an encroaching thunderstorm.

pziddy: Think of it as a bad movie theatre and you're out of popcorn.

jeff: Yeah, that helps.

jeff: Now I have a deep-rooted ancestral urge to find shelter, *and* I'm hungry.

Flame on, baby.pziddy: Awesome.

jeff: I was thinkin', if you could somehow invoke our species natural fear of fire, you'd have the trifecta.

pziddy: And possibly an implosion.
==================

Later in the afternoon, a guy came by to change out the lights. When he was nearly done, he got a call on his walkie-talkie. The disembodied voice told him to come up to my office and change out the lights.

"Day late and a dollar short," he chuckled.

"When you're done, make sure you come into work this morning." I told him.

Blunt Force Trauma?Even though he was good-natured enough to make the first joke, I don't think he appreciated my contribution much. He looked like he was considering using his ladder as a blunt instrument.

So... uh... got some light bulbs replaced yesterday. Kind of a dull day, really. How are you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home