Monday, October 15, 2007

Some Ornaments You Can't Refuse

As you know, it's October now. This means that if you happen to be a retail store, and you don't already have your Christmas decorations out, you are wrong.

With that in mind, here are a couple of ornaments my wife and I saw last weekend that amused us.

First up is a lump of joy that would make Don Corleone proud.

Help me Wilber!

I just don't understand how a severed horse head can become part of the festive holiday decor. Granted, I'm not a horse guy... but... wouldn't horse people tend to prefer intact representations of their one true passion? This poor guy looks like some sort of twisted garnish tray.

And then there's the Ghostly Translucent Undead Santa Army.

Santa = Nazgûl?

I know the green jingle-bell "hat" is supposed to be jolly. But it really looks more like foliage to me.

With the right lighting, these guys could work for Halloween *or* Christmas. Just insert some red or blue lights (don't ask where) and you've got festive. Then, with the clever use of Muted Orange or Black Light, you've got an unholy denizen of the sixth circle.

Ho ho ho.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home