Thursday, December 06, 2007

Knee Replacement

Bionic-KneeTuesday, my wife's dad had knee replacement surgery on his right knee (It was a scheduled thing, not an emergency).

Yesterday, she and I went to the hospital to visit him. Her mom has been staying up there with him, and he's doing fine. We got to see him head out into the hallway for the first time after the procedure, in fact. I amused myself by thinking, "Hey we get to watch his first steps now!" Obviously, I am easily amused.

He's been getting calls from friends and family, of course. Most of them call once to see how he's doing and to wish him well. His sister, however, is a bit (*cough*) of a control freak. She's been calling every few hours, it seems.

One last desperate attempt for freedomToward the end of our visit, the control freak was mentioned. My wife's dad rolled his eyes... "She means well, and she loves me... she's just crazy." As we got up to leave, he mentioned her again, saying, "She'll be calling here in a few minutes to tell me how I'm doing."

We're going back to the hospital again today to see him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home