Monday, December 10, 2007

Cold

Saturday night into Sunday morning... it got a bit cold around here...



Our elderly neighbor bought a tarp to put over her minivan, to make sure it didn't ice over. The problem was, the tarp ended up being car-sized instead of minivan sized - it only covered a few inches worth of the windshield. It also started to rip as soon as she put it on. Within a couple of hours one corner was flapping loose and it was (more) obvious that this wasn't going to work, so she threw it away. I regret with all my heart not getting a picture of the thing.



There were power outages in Owasso yesterday, too. We had power, but Scruffy wasn't so lucky. The power company says that it might be Wednesday before power is restored in his neighborhood (yuck!). So we had Scruffy as a house-guest last night.

As I write this (Sun. night), I'm not sure if I'll be at work tomorrow or not. Another icy storm system is coming through, and the roads are hazardous. I might end up working from home.

Wherever you are, I hope you've got power! If you're reading this, I'll take that as a hint. :)

3 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I have power now...car's dead though. BLARG!

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

Here in STW, we didn't lose power thank goodness. But it was icy, just nothing near as bad as these pictures show. I hope you have power back now!

I did end up in a ditch, trying to get to work, had to ditch it to avoid a truck stopped in the middle of the road. No damage, just couldn't get out of the ditch with the icy grass...

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

We still don't have power, but we're hopeful for the next 24 hours.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home