Friday, December 14, 2007

(Hopefully) Last Thoughts On The Storm

You got a reprieve from storm-related stories yesterday, 'cause I had that story already written and I needed time to collect my thoughts. I think I'm still collecting them, honestly. It's been a long couple of weeks. In no particular order:

 - My wife's sister-in-law lost her dad to a heart attack
 - A precious friend suffered a miscarriage
 - My wife's dad had (non-emergency) knee replacement surgery
 - An Uncle of mine has inoperable brain cancer
 - A family friend of my wife's has inoperable brain cancer
 - The ice storm snapped a tree in my Aunt's in-laws' yard, which landed on their car; Aunt's family and Aunt's in-laws are still without electricity
 - A former co-worker of mine died of heart-related problems, age 39

I'm not even sure I remembered everything in that list.

I know I am blessed. I know that more today than I did two weeks ago... sometimes it's a hard lesson, though.

I miss Ben*sigh* I know you didn't come here for somber, so I'll leave you on a lighter note. I usually don't shave over the weekends, and was without power Monday and Tuesday. I never had exclusive access to a lit bathroom mirror, so I didn't worry about it. I came into work Tuesday looking a bit like Grizzly Adams.

To infinity and stuffLightyear stopped by the office and poked fun at my scruff. "Jeff!", he shouted, "One mornin' your wife is gonna wake up and look at you and say, 'That boy has changed!'".

That evening, over at Scruffy's house, my wife chased everyone out of the bathroom. Then she pushed me into it, and handed me my razor. "You have work to do," she proclaimed. She guarded the door until I was me again.

Lightyear is right more often than I care to admit. :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home