Friday, January 18, 2008

Grandfather 'en fuego'

I'll take what's behind door number 1I had the strangest dream.

In this dream, I was walking into the far end a long hallway. There was a toy on the floor, so I bent down to pick it up.

BOOM! My nephew (7) slammed into me, knocking me to the ground. We hugged and giggled and "I love you" 'ed at each other for a moment. Then, nephew pointed down the narrow hallway. "Look, Uncle Jeff!"

I do declareI looked up. I saw a very strange sight indeed. The choir director from my old church was standing there. She has a love for large wide-brimmed hats. Hers was on fire. "Oh dear," she complained, and took off her hat. She swatted it behind her lazily.

Stiff as a boardBehind her stood my mother and my grandmother. They were facing each other, and were holding my grandfather between them. Mom had his legs and Gramma had his arms/shoulders. He was stretched out between them, flat as a board. The look on his face, however, implied that he was happy and very comfortable.

Choir Director's hat brushed against him, and he caught on fire. Mom acted like this was a small annoyance. Grandfather glanced at it, and seemed to shrug indifferently. Grandma didn't seem to notice at all.

You should do something about this.As Mom swatted vaguely at the fire, it spread. My wife (suddenly in the picture) started saying that somebody should do something a bit more urgent about the situation.

As for me, I was watching the whole thing and thinking, "You know, I could make a blog story about this."

Hey, Mom, I just had the *wierdest* dream!I'm not sure if I should be concerned about my reaction or not. After all, it *was* just a dream. I think.

I'd better give Mom a call, just in case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home