Monday, February 25, 2008

Long Light

When I go to work, the parking lot is 5 blocks away. After I park my car, I frequently ride the shuttle-bus that is provided.

C'mon, bus!One day last week I got on the bus like normal. There was only one other guy riding with me.

The road that the bus normally takes was blocked by a train. The next road over was crazy-thick with road construction. We eventually wound up at an intersection, waiting to make a left turn.

The driver was staring at the traffic light. The light cycled down to green. The bus just sat there. The driver was still staring at the light, but somehow didn't notice that it was green.

I looked over at the other guy on the bus. He was near-asleep, eyes closed.

The light cycled back around to red. The bus driver's eyes never wavered. He was *still* staring right at it, watching it change. We sat in silence for a few moments after it turned red.

I will be red foreverSuddenly, with a great burst of frustration, the driver shouted, "C'MON, LIGHT!!!"

I couldn't decide whether to laugh or to run screaming from the bus, so I just sat there. The light cycled back to green and I helpfully said, "Ah, there you go." The bus started to move again.

"Man!," the driver shouted. "That was a long light!"

Some days, I'm just glad to survive the trip into work. :)

2 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

Ah, the joys of public transportation... No wonder only one other passenger was on the bus!!

 
At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aliens beamed him up. When you saw the light change, he lost 2 minutes of his life and a spleen to teenage aliens playing Space Doctor

 

Post a Comment

<< Home