Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Library

Books! Good for your soulAbout a month ago, my wife and I went through our modest bookshelves at home and decided there were several items in our collection that we didn't need or want. We made a pile, and then took those books down to the local library.

Books! Good for your mindThere were some pretty unimpressive books in this pile, lemmie tell ya. I've forgotten what most of them were, but I do remember at least one book of "magic tricks". They wern't all stinkers, though. Several were good books, but we decided to get rid of them because we didn't expect to read them a second time. For example, there was a Barbara Bush book, a 9/11 book, and "Seabiscuit".

Books! Good for fixing uneven table legsAnyway, last week my wife went to the library. She walked past the shelves of Bargain Books For Sale, then she did a double take and turned around. One whole shelf of the Bargain Books area was McClung-books.

On the one hand, I'm pleased. If they can make some money from my old books, then great. Libraries need money, after all. At the same time, I'm a little hurt. Even the library didn't want my old books.

I'm not quite sure how to take that.

1 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

Well at least they took your books. Mom had boxes them they turned away, saying they didn't have space for them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home