Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Meeting

None of us is as dumb as all of usLast week, there was a Meeting. I didn't have to go, thank goodness, but my boss (The Golfer) was required to attend. It was one of those marathon Meetings; the type that justifies the capital letter. Even better? They didn't tell The Golfer how long the Meeting would last.

Two hours after it started, I walked by the Meeting room on my way to lunch. There's a window into that room from the hallway. I could see that the room was darkened for whatever presentation was being given. As I walked by, the door opened and Professional Comedian walked out.

He walked with me for a bit and said, "You're missing out." I expressed doubt. "What's in there, anyway?"

Pro Comedian's eyes widened in mock excitement. "It's the coolest thing *ever*!" "Describe it," I challenged.

I'm tellin' ya, it was at least *this* big!"Imagine the coolest thing you've ever seen," he said, while holding his hands open in the classic fisherman's it-was-this-big pose, "... and this is *better*!"

"It's not in that room," I stated, with great confidence. Pro Comedian laughed and didn't argue the point.

Later, as I was walking back to my office, the Meeting room door opened again. This time it was The Golfer who came out. He saw me, and gave me a slightly different appraisal of the situation:

Despicable!"Do you have a knife or a gun, so I can end this?"

I'm pretty sure he was joking, but even so I made sure I was standing between him and the plastic utensil drawer until he passed.

That Meeting ended up lasting two and a half hours, and went through lunch. I'm so glad I didn't have to go.

3 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

By the way, for those who are wondering... I *still* havn't heard from the insurance company whether they are going to total my car. It's getting on my nerves a bit. Hopefully today I'll know something new.

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

How's the "loaner" doing in the interim? The "NOT" a Jeff car?

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

The loaner gets me to work and back. I try not to think about it too much in the meantime.

I just found out, my car is officially total'ed. Yay. What fun this is all gonna be...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home