Friday, January 25, 2008

I Lost Him

My grandfather has been in Florida this week visiting my Great-Uncle. Both are in their mid-80's. My great-uncle has some interesting moments from time to time. This is one of them.

Only the finest items for sale!Tuesday, Great-Uncle called my grandmother (who had stayed back home in Oklahoma). "Well," he said, "We went to a flea market, and we've been wandering around and, ... well, ... I lost him. What should I do?"

Keep in mind this is a man in Florida asking a lady in Oklahoma how to find her missing husband in a flea market. Grandma was a bit overwhelmed. She suggested he find an intercom and have Grandpa paged. Then she called my mom.

Awww....Mom assured Grandma that Grandpa would be OK. He was probably just napping somewhere (Grandpa can nap on *any* park bench and be perfectly fine). Meanwhile, in Florida, Great-Uncle went off in search of an intercom at a flea market.

Two hours later, Great-Uncle called my grandmother back. "I found him!" he happily proclaimed.

Something fun to think about: On Tuesday, my mom got phone calls from me (car wreck), Grandma (missing hubby), and her grand-daughter (Mr. Bear's hot-foot).

FreakyTuesday was a full moon.

I have updated my online calendar to include phases of the moon. Don't expect to see much of me this time next month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home