Monday, January 21, 2008

Nephew

My wife and I have been looking at houses for the past few weeks now. We saw a fairly nifty one on Saturday, but one really big negative was the back yard.

To trip along merrily?The back yard sloped downward slightly for about 30 feet or so. Then, the slope dropped off dramatically. The end of the yard had at least a 6-foot drop down into heavily wooded forest-y area beyond.

I thought about my 7-year-old nephew. I can just imagine him running around in the backyard and then 'Whoop!' he slides down the backyard slope. "Well, he's rolled down into the forest. I'll see if I can find him before the 'coons do."

Happy MLK Day!Speaking of my nephew, he doesn't have to go to school today. Of course, being 7 he doesn't quite understand the concept of "Civil Rights". According to my Mom, Nephew thinks he's got the day off from school "... because some king died."

I guess everyone celebrates the holidays in their own special way. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home