Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Automotive Update

OK, here's the scoop on what happened yesterday.

I was driving to work. An oncoming truck hit a patch of black ice and lost control. He crossed over the center line and hit the car in front of me.

Ow.The car in front of me spun around and landed in the shoulder, facing the wrong way. The truck bounced back and spun 360-degrees, counter-clockwise (from my perspective). He spun all the way around and slammed into the driver's side of my car. That's where we both came to a stop.

His front door was pushed up against mine. He rolled down his window. I was wearing my window. Our faces were just a few feet from each other. It was an awkward way to meet.

Oh! And did I mention, this all happened on a bridge? The poor lady in front landed just a few feet away from the guardrail. Good times.

All three of us are OK, no injuries. The lady in front of me likely has a totaled car. The truck that caused all the fun might be able to be repaired. My car can probably be repaired. So, I guess I was the lucky one.

This is a toy, not a car.I have a rental car now. It's a powder-blue Hyundai Accent. It looks, sounds, and drives like a wind-up toy. It is *so* not a Jeff-car. But Truck-Guy's insurance is covering the cost, so I won't complain too loudly.

I am considering putting some racing stripes on it, though. Maybe that'll help.

5 Comments:

At 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weren't you saying you regretted not having more interesting stuff to blog about during your toothbrush post? I guess the moral learned is be careful what you wish for on the Internet?

Seriously, glad you're okay.

p.s. What exactly WOULD be a jeff-car?

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

"Weren't you saying you regretted not having more interesting stuff to blog about"...

Hey! No fair being logical. Remember the blog title, man. Never forget it. :)

As for what a Jeff-car would be... my criteria is pretty broad, honestly. It just needs to not make that whiney "aaaaAAAAahHHH!" sound as it accellerates. When I find myself wondering if there's enough tension in the spring to make it over the next hill, then I know I'm in the wrong car.

 
At 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least there were no bees involved this time...

 
At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff,

Got online to see how bad the damage was to the car. I'm so sorry. We're thankful you're ok. Hope you get it fixed soon.

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger queen_spoo said...

Wow...you've had a rough year or so with your car. I'm glad that you are OK despite how harrowing the experience was! Sorry the Hyundai isn't cutting it for you (you would like a Sonata like mine better), but at least you have wheels while you get yours fixed. Anyhow, let us know how things are going.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home