Monday, January 28, 2008

Backup Sensors

The latest word on my car is that it's likely to be totalled. I'll know for sure sometime today or tomorrow.

Dig It!With that in mind, my wife and I went lookin' at cars over the weekend. And I gotta tell ya, I'm diggin' on this Pontiac Vibe.

But I do worry a little about the blind spot in back. I figured, might be nice to have one of those nifty backup sensor thingers. Something to beep at me if I'm backing up and there's something (or someone) behind me that I can't see.

I did some online searches, and found several that look OK. I also found one that amused the heck outta me. It's called "Eyes Behind You". It amused me because of one odd feature they list: In addition to mounting brackets, cables, and so on, it's also got a handy "mute feature".

Safety you can ignore!

Ponder this with me a moment. "Mute feature"?!? The whole point of this thing is to alert me when I'm in danger of hitting something. But I can ignore it if I wanna? Somehow this just doesn't seem right.

Maybe they are saying that if the device goes wonky, I can silence it until the problem is sorted out. Which would mean they expect problems, which doesn't fill me with much confidence, either.

Do any of you have any experience with backup sensors? Got any recommendations?

1 Comments:

At 9:22 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Haven't heard anything about backup sensors, but they sound great. How have you been? We need to get together sometime soon. Peace

 

Post a Comment

<< Home