Friday, February 08, 2008

What's In A Name?

My littlest nephew (2 years old in March!) is incredibly cute. He's learning to talk, which naturally means that you get all sorts of cute mispronunciations. My favorites are the names of Gramma and Grampa's dogs. Instead of "Gus" and "Penny", we get "Us" and "Pendley".

Pendley?Not too long ago, my parents saw the little guy running through their living room. He was holding Penny (a chihuahua) upside down and shouting "Pennnnnd-ley! Pennnnnd-ley! Pennnnnd-ley!".

Now, for your moment of sweet, sweet symetry. I was cleaning out my wallet last weekend, and found a stack of business cards that I hadn't looked at in years. I was about to throw them all away when one caught my eye. It was for a Chrysler-Plymouth dealership. The salesman's name was "Jeff Pendley".
Whee!
Now I've got a mental picture of a car salesman being carried around upside-down by a toddler. It makes me smile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home