Monday, February 04, 2008

Vibe Owner

Yatta!
I did it!

I'm a Pontiac Vibe owner. Here's my car (actual pic):

DIG IT!!!

We picked it up Saturday. I'm still getting used to it, but I love it. It's a 2005 model, low mileage, great condition.

I was talking about the car later in the day with my Dad, who knows how (not) mechanically inclined I am. I mentioned that the car came with floor mats, but that I had some nicer ones I bought for the old car that I was going to put in the Vibe. I smiled and quipped, "Yeah, that'll be my first 'mod."

It took Dad a moment or two to recover from that one.

Bye bye, Powder Blue!And so, gratefully, I say goodbye to "Old Blue". As crazy as it sounds, the most annoying thing by far about that rental car was the seat belt alarm. It sounded like Tinker-Bell's alarm clock.

I still can't quite believe that my old faithful steed is history. I still look for it in the parking lot. The poor thing deserved a much better owner than me. :(

3 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Blogger jpow said...

You know what's worse than seat belt alarms? The automatic locks.
Every time the automatic locks go in my wife's car, I can't help but imagine the car suddenly filling up with blue tinged gas and a voice coming over the radio saying: "Goodbye, Mr. Bond."

 
At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice car!

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

Yes, a nice car!

Those door locks always remind me of the Tank Girl Movie, you have ten seconds before cyanide gas fills the cab of the tank.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home