Tuesday, February 05, 2008

This Kiss

A story that's just too silly not to tell...

At church on Sunday, I saw my pal Scruffy. I was in the row of seats right in front of him. We both leaned across the seats to the do the "Man-Hug".

Man-Hug, in the early formative stageThe Man-Hug is a safe way for men to show affection without... well, I don't have to spell it out, do I? It works like this: The men grab each other's right hands in a classic "handshake" maneuver. Then, they pull toward each other, and put their left arms out over the shoulders as in a normal hug. The right arms form a protective barrier, thus preserving the illusion of personal space.

It gets a bit tricky when there are obstacles, however. In this case, we were leaning across a row of seats. I misread where Scruffy was goin' with his face. We both moved our heads in the same direction and BONK.

AwkwardI rubbed my nose. Scruffy looked down. It was a classic "SO! How 'bout 'dem Bears?!?" moment. We were probably only 2 seconds away from being able to pretend it didn't happen. But... I just couldn't keep my mouth shut.

"I don't usually go that far on a first date."

Ah yes. Captain Sensitivity, that's me. ;)

1 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's a quick tutorial: The Mechanics of the Man Hug :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home