Monday, June 30, 2008

Upgrades

Microsoft has a fun habit. When you are installing "Visual Studio" (the program I use to write my code at work), they like to give you a little slide show of people smiling at you. Supposedly these are actual software developers.

That means that for 30-45 minutes at a time, I got to look at a status bar creeping along like a dehydrated man on his stomach in the desert. As an added bonus, I got to stare longingly at this this guy.

Eh... I've never actually talked to a girl before...You might have guessed from the "30-45 minutes at a time" bit above that the installation didn't go well. All told, it took 2 full days of quality time with the Creepo-Dude to get up and running with my new version of Visual Studio.

"Awkward" doesn't even begin to cover it with this guy. It's like he's saying, "The weight of my ID badge is pulling my frail torso forward and making it impossible to look you in the eye..."

Or maybe, "I just escaped from my parents' cellar last week. My crazy cousin didn't make it out, but I can still hear him screaming..."

By the time it was all finished, I had very nearly set my computer on fire with the power of my sheer concentrated hate.

Poor Creepo-Depot... he looks lonely, doesn't he? Pathetic? Shy? Can't you just imagine him at a party? He'd be the one over by the buffet table, trying not to get in the way, telling jokes that no one laughs at, watching people scurry away from him and wondering if they are talking about him behind his back. And they *are*, too... they are all glancing nervously over their shoulders at him like he's Carrot-Top covered in super-glue, thinking "Please don't let him get attached to me," and saying "That poor boy just doesn't have any social skills."

I get more chicks than you *ever* will, Dork!Actually... wait a minute. No social skills... Hm. Maybe he really *is* a programmer?...

Hm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home