Monday, June 23, 2008

You're Invited

Time to feel the thunder!Last weekend, my wife and I went to see Kung Foo Panda with Big Dawg. 'Tis a great movie. It's a lot of fun. :)

After, we all went to the Olive Garden. We were sitting near another couple in the waiting area and chatting.

My wife mentioned that Big Dawg hasn't seen our house yet. Speaking in Big Dawg's general direction, she said, "We'll let you come over one evening and we'll cook dinner for you."

The awkward part of this invitation was that the other couple was kinda sitting between us and Big Dawg. With a big grin on his face the Unintended Gentleman said, "Sounds great!".

Gimmie 10 bucks; I'll cook for you a long timeThere was a brief pause for laughter, and then I said, "For you... there *might* be a cover charge."

Looks like my wife and I will have to put a big price tag on our dinners to keep the riff-raff out.

6 Comments:

At 1:26 PM, Blogger V said...

How do you define "riff-raff"? I'd like to know of the off chance I'm ever in your neighborhood and dying of starvation. :)

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

You and the kiddos are OK. Hubby is very much OK and welcome and encouraged to make himself at home if he's carrying his gun sir.

;)

 
At 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I guess that means I should hit the ATM before showing up for dinner...

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger V said...

I could loan you a gun. :)

 
At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm... (ponder)

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

I'll stay away from ATM's now... LOL!

Next time you are in STW, you will need to come by our new place.

If any of you are near STW on the 4th of July I'm having a cookout, but yea, it is only a week and half away!

I have a map to the new house if you are interested.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home