Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Give 'Em Heck!

If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?Yesterday, a situation came up with one of the "3rd Party" companies we do business with. An update needed to be made... however, this company has a long proud history of ignoring our needs and requests. With a sinking feeling in my gut, I looked at the simple changes that would need to be made. It felt like I was trying to cut down a mighty Sequoia with a butter knife.

So, I submitted my request to our contact in that company. And to his boss. And to my boss. And to many others in both companies. And then, just for fun, I threw in my favorite blunt object. He doesn't have a nickname on my blog yet, and I'm having trouble coming up with one. Therefore, I christen him, "Blunt".

After the primary email was sent, I gave Blunt a follow-up that said, "These idiots have been ignoring our requests for weeks now. Could you please harass them a bit for me?"

Blunt's reply gave me great hope, as well as a large dose of unintended humor. He said, "Lucky for us, harassment is only of the things I do well."

Then, he promptly started sending out emails and making calls of his own. "Harass" is a kind way of describing what he did to them.

I *LOVE* the people I work with! The right tool for the right job. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home