Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Jeff's Love Filter Is Now A Political Statement

OK, if you don't remember the Filter Of Love story, go read it now. It is "the goodies", and is required setup for what follows.

Switch! I need you, man!The short version: Cowboy was helpfully sanitizing my snarky attitude in some email messages, so I told him he was my "Filter Of Love". He laughed much, and agreed.

I asked Switch to create a "I am Jeff's Filter Of Love" t-shirt. Switch laughed much, and agreed. Then, he proceeded to repeatedly forget to bring in the shirt.

It gets better.

See, Switch has a t-shirt press because he is a dedicated Libertarian. He runs an Anti-Democrat website, and an Anti-Republican website. All proceeds from his t-shirt sales, he sends to Ron Paul.

Late last week, I asked Switch if he was ever going to bring in my shirt. His eyes bugged out, and in his crazy-thick southern drawl he said, "Aaawwwhh, heey-aaak." (Actually, he didn't say "heck", but... well, you get the idea)

My campaign did *not* approve this messageHe's got a place in his work area where he puts shirts that he hasn't delivered yet. And there's no shirt there. With a growing combination of horror and amusement, he told me that the last sale he made was to a guy who wanted an anti-Barack Obama shirt.

Oh how I wish I could be there for the opening of that package! Some guy expecting an anti-B.O. shirt, instead pulls out a plain white with a big red heart and the words "I am Jeff's Love Filter" emblazoned on it.

I don't care who you are, that's funny!Love him or hate him, you have to admit that's funny.

1 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

Awww, who wouldn't want to be Jeff's Love Filter???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home