Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Raising The (Salad) Bar

Salad with one giant evil mutant oliveI love the salad at Olive Garden. My wife loves the salad at Olive Garden. All God's children love the salad at Olive Garden. But even so, this was a bit ridiculous.

My in-laws took us out to dinner to celebrate my wife's birthday. Her brother and his wife were there also. Waitress-Lady brought us two big bowls of salad.

During the normal course of things, we finished off those bowls of salad and got two more. That was *it*... four bowls of salad for the six of us.

When my father-in-law got the check, he burst out laughing. There was a line item on the ticket that said, "Salad Refill - $0". The line was repeated 14 times.

What can I offer them to make them eat less salad?Somewhere in Olive Garden headquarters there's a bean-counter who hasn't blinked in several days. "Fourteen?!?", he's thinking, "We have GOT to stop giving away the salad!"

4 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

You know I haven't seen the unlimited breadsticks and salad commercials recently... LOL!

Maybe they were just catching up some of the bowls I know we've had with you there!

 
At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I'm not one of God's children. *snif*

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

Get thee behind me, Salad-Hater. ;)

 
At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those salad's rule - and I also know the secret recipe to the dressing :D.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home