Friday, May 16, 2008

Party Of Five

Waiting for your name to be called at a restaurant can get dull pretty quick. Nothing to do but wait and listen to the names being called...

Cheddars"Cheddars would like to welcome John, party of 4, John, party of 4..."

...and wave vaguely to each other because you can't hear each other very well...

"Cheddars would like to welcome Mary, party of 3, Mary, party of 3..."

...and BOOM!, elbow to the side as a pushy dork muscles his way through the crowd, a cute small child steps on my foot...

I can't believe it's not... oh."Cheddars would like to welcome Butter, party of 5, Butter, party of 5..."

[blink] [blink] [blink]

Wha? Did I hallucinate that?

A quick check with the other members of my party confirms it. The magic voice clearly said, "Butter, party of 5."

Whoo! Whoo!I never thought about giving a random noun instead of my name. Next time we go there, I'm gonna put us under the name "Steam Locomotive".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home