Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Carpet Choice

Gonna be a bright sun-shiney day!A new office area is being created for us down on the second floor (we're on the third floor currently). It's going to be pretty nice. We'll have a big open area, lots of desks, and some big windows. I'm especially happy about being able to see outside again.

The bigwigs came by our current office last week with a couple of squares of carpet. They plopped them down on the Leggy Blonde Wanna-Be's desk, and asked us our opinion.

Big Dawg leaned over and pointed at one of the samples, saying "This one looks less like somebody bled all over it." After a group chuckle, I chimed in. "I like the other one."

All eyes turned to the Leggy Blonde Wanna-Be (I need to think up a new nickname for him!). "What do you think, Leggy?"

Gah!Leggy got nervous and non-committal. "Either is fine, really!" The bigwigs pressed him a bit. "Aw, are you sure you don't have some opinion on this?"

A kind man would have bailed out Leggy at this point. A kind man would have changed his vote, so as to remove the spotlight from an uncomfortable friend. I was not kind... I couldn't resist.

"Your word is law on this one, Leggy," I said. "No pressure."

It was clear that there was, indeed, pressure. I pressed onward. "Your vote will decide whether Big Dawg is wrong [dramatic pause], or I am."

At least there's no shag"Choose wisely."

I have never seen a man's eyes go quite so wide.

As of this writing, there is still no decision on which carpet we'll have in our new office. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home