Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Yardwork, Closing

Fear me!Yesterday, I mowed my yard. *My* yard. I have a yard now. It's the first yard I've mowed in over a decade.

My parents will be impressed to know that I started up the machine and pushed it around and didn't even cuss or whine. Not even a little! At least, for the first few minutes. I'm only human.

Rent is $6 a turnClosing on the house was a breeze. The previous owners had already closed out their part, and they couldn't be there. Their Real Estate Agent couldn't be there either, so he sent a stand-in. Our agent was there, and the closing lady. The three of them traded stories about their grandkids while pushing papers over for us to sign. We were in and out in less than an hour.

That was not a typo. Less than an hour. To close on a house. Boo-Yeah!

Just before closing we went to the bank to take out the largest chashier's check of my life. A cashier's check isn't hard to get, but it does take a few minutes. Halfway through the process, I literally had to bite my tongue to keep from saying, "I'd like that in small bills, please."
Wesley Snipes needs one of these
And that's how I avoided going to jail on closing day. Yay me!

1 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

Small Bills!!!!

Yes, buying the first house is a wonder isn't it? Wait till you go to sell it. Then you find all the little flaws in your house and try to fix them, then the realtor comes in and says move half your stuff to storage to stage the house and this has got to be fixed, that has to be revamped, that is just UGH.... Oh and paint the ceiling.....

Lovely experience....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home