Friday, May 02, 2008

Bee Story

Fear me!So... remember how much I like bees?

There's some landscaping on the front side of our house, between the garage and the front door. A smallish tree-thing, some bushes, lots of mulch. Yeah, I know, I'm a regular horticulturist.

...and then I will destroy you all! Yay!Anyway, Wednesday all was clear. Thursday, about 10-15 unhappy bees moved in. Very unhappy bees.

My wife and I went for a walk in our new neighborhood. The bees were unhappy when we left. They were downright aggressive when we got back. Swooping, buzzing by my head, chasing me down the sidewalk... it was ungood.

If Tiger can't hit a shot in this, what makes you think *you've* got a chance, boy?We're hoping the aggression was because of the change in weather that was coming (we got big storms last night). A hive in my garage would be ungood. I took some wasp spray and tried to paint the bricks a bit, to encourage them to take their pollen and run. At least I was smart enough (barely) to stand upwind of where I was spraying. It didn't do my house much good, but my neighbors in Arkansas are prolly OK now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home