Thursday, May 01, 2008

I Saw The Light

Heat LampMy wife and I have learned something about the previous home-owners' preference in light bulbs. They had none.

One evening, I turned on the light in the kitchen and my wife started to sweat. The light fixture has 5 bulbs in it. There were two 60-watt bulbs, a 75, a 100, and one that was so bleached we couldn't tell what it was.

Blinded by the light!We started looking around at the other light fixtures in the house. Most of them have either four or five bulbs in them. None of the bulbs match, and none are less than 60-watt. At least half are 75 or higher.

If you happen to notice a lack of 40-watt bulbs at your local store, it's probably because we're buying them all up.

On a somewhat-related note, my parents were baby-sitting my youngest nephew (2 years old) the day we closed on our house. I called Dad to let him know that closing was done. He shouted to Mom, "They got the house!"

In the background, I could hear Mom shout "Woo-Hoo!" Then, while Dad chuckled, I could hear her saying something to Little Nephew. Then, just barely, I heard a tiny voice shout, "Woo! Hoo!"
I'm not a nephew. But I'm cute.
I have the cutest nephews. In. The. World!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home