Monday, May 12, 2008

Kickin' It Old School

When we moved, I got out my old Nintendo. That's right, baby... the 8-bit wonder. Super Mario Brothers, Legend Of Zelda... aw yeah.

Yes, that's a DVD player under the Nintendo... all of my needs are met.I hooked it up to our bedroom TV. I fired it up, and it all still works. Heck, even the "Saved Games" from the old Legend Of Zelda game are still there. I played Super Mario Brothers with a big silly grin on my face.

My wife saw this and sighed. "You're a nerd, you know that, right?" "Yup!", I gleefully acknowledged.

Later that night, while walking toward the bedroom, I could hear the familiar Mario theme. My wife had started up a new game. She offered the second controller to me, saying "Here... I started up a two-player game for us. Sit down."

I may still be a nerd. But I know I'm not alone. :)

1 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

Yes, I've been playing an old DOS game, Master of Orion 1 for a while now, debating building a dos box ot play the old dos games on... LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home