Thursday, June 05, 2008

Freight Elevator

PrettyI love my new office! It's bright and roomy and clean and attractive and big enough that all of us programmers are in the same area for once.

There's also a freight elevator in the back, very near my desk. Take a close look at that pic, and you can kinda see it. It's on the far wall, right side of the pic. It's been actively used every day since we moved into the new office. It's loud.

Even so, most of the time the noises simply amuse me. It's rare that they make me want to jump out of my skin. One of those rare occasions was yesterday.

I was working along, grinning faintly at the frequent thudding noises from the elevator. Then, metal started to scrape on metal. The metallic shrieking sounds were eerily similar to a woman screaming.

I jumped, thinking I had just heard the sound of at least 2 or 3 lost souls howling in eternal agony. It almost felt like I was in a video game. I wanted to press F6 before I walked around any corners.

I'm from the *cute* circle of heckPretty impressive though, if the realm of eternal condemnation is only populated by, at most, a half-dozen poor slobs. Yay humanity! We're better off than I thought.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home